Last Updated: April 14, 2017
1.1 Homebase Property Manager Services. We offer a hosted suite of property management software services, which includes our core property management software solution as well as certain additional value-added services to which you may subscribe (collectively, the “Homebase Property Manager Services”). You must first subscribe to our core solution in order to have access to the additional value-added services that we offer. The Order Form that you have executed identifies (a) the fees payable by you to Homebase, (b) the term of your subscription to the Homebase Property Manager Services to which you have subscribed, and (c) the number of your units (“Units”) for which you may use the Homebase Property Manager Services to which you have subscribed.
3. Customer Support. Provided you have paid all fees owed by you for the Services to which you have subscribed, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide, at no charge to you, technical support services to you and your authorized users who have access to the Services. An Homebase client services representative will be assigned to your cases. Unlimited cases are accepted from authorized users. Our standard support is available _____________, excluding major holidays, which include Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. You may contact customer support by emailing us at support@Homebase.ai. Our response time shall not be greater than two (2) business days (absent irregular or unforeseen circumstances).
4. Training. Provided you have paid all fees owed by you for the Services to which you have subscribed, we shall make available remote, live or recorded training sessions to your designated, named and authorized users, as well as provide tutorials which are accessible via the Help and Training section of our website at no additional charge. For certain Services we provide some onsite training upon request for an additional charge. Please contact us at support@Homebase.ai for more information about onsite training.
5. Your Rights and Restrictions.
5.3 Your Responsibilities and Restrictions. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your user accounts or by your authorized users. You shall (i) have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of all data that you submit to the Services; (ii) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized control or tampering or any other unauthorized access to, or use of, the Services and notify us promptly of any unauthorized use or security breach; (iii) comply with all applicable local, state, federal, and foreign laws (including laws regarding privacy and protection of personal or consumer information) in using the Services; (iv) to the extent applicable, comply with all applicable rules of all banking and credit card associations (including NACHA, American Express, MasterCard and Visa); and (v) obtain and maintain all computer hardware, software and communications equipment needed to access the Services and pay all access charges (e.g., ISP fees) incurred by you in connection with your use of the Services.
You may not, and you shall ensure your authorized users do not, (i) disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to decipher any code in connection with the Services, or modify, adapt, create derivate works based upon, or translate the Services; (ii) license, sublicense, sell, rent , assign, distribute, time share transfer, lease, loan, resell for profit, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit, grant rights in or make the Services available to any third party; (iii) use the Services except as expressly authorized hereunder or in violation of any applicable laws; (iv) engage in any illegal or deceptive trade practices with respect to the Services; (v) circumvent or disable any security or other technical features or measures of the Services or any other aspect of the Software or, in any manner, attempt to gain or attain unauthorized access to the Services or its related computer systems or networks; (vi) use the Services to transmit infringing, libelous, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, unsafe, malicious, abusive or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights; (vii) use the Services to store or transmit any viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs or to send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; or (viii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services or third-party data contained therein.
6. Term and Termination.
6.1 Term. The term of the Services varies depending on the Service(s) to which you have subscribed and shall be set forth on the Order Form or agreed to in the online sign-up flow you complete, and shall renew as follows:
6.1.1 Homebase Property Manager Services Term. Your subscription to the core Homebase Property Manager Services shall automatically renew for successive one (1) year terms unless we discontinue the Service or you provide us with written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the then-current term.
WRITTEN NOTICE OF NON-RENEWAL BY YOU MUST BE SUBMITTED TO:
1712 Main Street, 4th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64108
6.3 Handling of Your Data in the Event of Termination. You acknowledge and agree that following expiration or termination of any of your subscriptions to the Services, we may immediately deactivate the affected Services and that, following a reasonable period of not less than thirty (30) days, we may delete your account and data. However, in the event that the Services are terminated by us, we will grant you temporary, limited access to the Services, not to exceed thirty (30) days, for the sole purpose of permitting you to retrieve your proprietary data, provided that you have paid in full all good faith undisputed amounts owed to us. You further agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any termination of your access to the Services or deletion of your data, provided that we are in compliance with the terms of this Section 6.3.
6.4 Termination For Convenience. You may terminate your subscription to the Homebase Property Manager Services for convenience at any time by providing thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to Homebase; provided, however, that if you terminate your subscription prior to the end of its term under this Section 6.4, then you shall pay to Homebase an early termination fee equal to fifty percent (50%) of the Service Fees (as defined below) payable for the remaining period of your subscription, calculated on a pro rata basis. In addition, you shall not be entitled to a refund of any pre-paid amounts.
7.1 Service Fees. You shall pay the non-refundable fees for the Services in the amount set forth in the online sign-up flow or Order Form (the “Service Fees”) and according to the billing frequency stated therein. Service Fees shall be due and payable on the date of the invoice. Service Fees may be increased from time to time, and any increase during the term of your subscription would become applicable to you at the time of renewal of your subscription to the Services. Service Fees are non-refundable even if you terminate your subscription early.
7.2 Additional Fees. You may incur other non-refundable fees or charges for your use of the Services, including certain value-added services, in addition to those fees set forth in the Order Form and/or online sign-up flow. The additional non-refundable fees and charges are set forth in the additional terms and conditions for the applicable Service.
7.3 Late Payments. You acknowledge that your failure to pay any fees or charges set forth in Sections 7.1 or 7.2 above when due may result in suspension or termination of your Homebase product subscription(s). If you fail to pay any of the fees or charges due hereunder, Homebase reserves the right to, among other things, engage an attorney or a collections agency to collect the outstanding fees and charges. You shall pay all fees and costs incurred by Homebase in connection with the collection of such past due amounts by any appropriate means, including without limitation any and all court and related costs, reasonable attorneys’ and/or collections agencies’ fees.
7.4 Taxes. You shall be responsible for all sales tax, use tax, value added taxes, withholding taxes and any other similar taxes and charge of any kind imposed by federal, state or local governmental entity on the transactions contemplated hereby. When we have the legal obligation to pay or collect taxes for which you are responsible pursuant to this Section, the appropriate amount shall be invoiced to and paid by you unless you provide us with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority.
8. Representations and Warranties.
8.3 Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 8, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE MAKE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USE OF TRADE, AS TO ANY MATTER, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING ACCOUNTING REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND YOUR USE OF SOFTWARE AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS RELATED TO PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. THE PARTIES EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE AGREEMENT.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICES.
9. Confidential Information. Unless expressly authorized by the other party, neither party shall disclose to any third party any information or materials provided by the other party hereunder and reasonably understood to be confidential (“Confidential Information”), or use such Confidential Information in any manner other than to perform its obligations pursuant hereto. The foregoing restrictions do not apply to any information that is in the public domain or already in the receiving party’s possession, was known to the receiving party prior to the date of disclosure or becomes known to the receiving party thereafter from a third party having an apparent bona fide right to disclose the information, or Confidential Information that the receiving party is obligated to produce pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction or a valid administrative subpoena, providing receiving party provides disclosing party of timely notice of such court order or subpoena.
Furthermore, you SHALL, and SHALL ensure your authorized users SHALL, keep in strict confidence all passwords and other access information to the Services.
This Section 9 shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
10.1 Indemnification for Infringement. Subject to Section 10.4, we shall, at our expense, defend, indemnify and hold you harmless against any third party claim brought against you which alleges that the Services infringe any US patent issued to a third party as of the Effective Date or infringe any copyright, trademark or trade secret of any third party (collectively referred to as the “Intellectual Property Underlying the Services”). In the event an injunction is sought or obtained against use of the Intellectual Property Underlying the Services or in our opinion is likely to be sought or obtained, we shall, at our option and expense, either (i) procure for you and your named authorized users the right to continue to use the Services, or (ii) replace or modify the Services to make their use non-infringing while being capable of substantially performing the same function. In the event subsections (i) and (ii) above are not commercially practicable, we may terminate the Services and refund any prepaid, but unused Service Fees. We shall not be obligated to defend or be liable for any costs or damages under this Section 10.1 if the alleged infringement arises out of or is in any manner attributable to (i) any modification of any Services by you (or any of your authorized or designated users), or (ii) use of Services in combination with services and products not provided by Homebase if such infringement would have been avoided without such modification or combination, or (iii) our compliance with your designs or instructions, or (iv) a claim that does not state with specificity that the Services are the subject of the claim (each an “Excluded Claim”). The indemnification obligations contained in this Section 10.1 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
10.2 Indemnification for Data Security and Privacy. Subject to Section 10.4, and during the term of your subscription to the Services, we shall, at our expense, defend, indemnify and hold you harmless against any third party claim brought against you which alleges our gross negligence in preventing unauthorized access to, or our willful misconduct in disclosing, Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below in Section 12) of your customers in our possession or control. This indemnity will not apply to the extent that such claim arises from or relates to your negligence or willful misconduct or that of your agents or representatives, or to the extent liability is disclaimed or limited by either party hereunder. The indemnity obligations set forth in this section are contingent upon you proving our gross negligence or willful misconduct has directly and proximately resulted in the unauthorized access to or disclosure of personally identifiable information of your customers in our possess or control.
10.4 Notification and Cooperation. The indemnifying party’s obligations to the indemnified party under this Section 10 above are conditioned upon (i) the indemnified party notifying the indemnifying party promptly in writing upon knowledge of any claim for which it may be entitled to indemnification hereunder; (ii) to the extent applicable, the indemnified party ceasing use of the claimed infringing Services upon receipt of notice of same; (iii) the indemnified party permitting indemnifying party to have the sole right to control the defense and settlement of any such claim (provided that indemnifying party may not settle any claim without the indemnified party’s consent unless the settlement unconditionally releases indemnified party from all liability); (iv) the indemnified party providing reasonable assistance to indemnifying party, at the indemnifying party’s expense, in the defense of such claim; (v) the indemnified party not entering into any settlement agreement or otherwise settling any such claim without indemnifying party’s express prior written consent or request; and (vi) the indemnified party complying with any settlement or court order made in connection with the claim (related to the future use of any infringing materials). For clarity, the indemnified party may participate in the defense or settlement of a claim with counsel of its own choice and at its own expense.
10.5 Exclusive Remedy. This Section 10 states the indemnifying party’s sole liability to, and the indemnified party’s exclusive remedy against, the other party for any type of claim described in this Section.
11. Limitation on Liability. EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH A BREACH OF SECTION 5.3 OR 12, TO THE MAXIUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE AGREEMENT EXCEED THE SUM OF THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY DURING THE ONE YEAR PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEEDING THE DATE THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE.
EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH A BREACH OF SECTION 5.3 OR 12, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY HERETO, ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, AND/OR THE PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE BY EITHER PARTY OF ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHICH CASE OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Personal Information and Privacy Statement. You will comply with all applicable privacy and other laws, rules, regulations and guidelines relating to protection, collection, use and distribution of Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) of any person. You will post a privacy statement on the page where you collect Personally Identifiable Information (“Privacy Statement”) that complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines and, at a minimum, (a) notifies users of the Personally Identifiable Information collected, how it will be used and how it will be secured, and (b) identifies the collection (via cookies, web beacons and other applicable means) and use of information gathered in connection with the Services and obtains prior informed consent (opt-in) before utilizing any tracking technologies, to the extent required by applicable laws and regulations. Such Privacy Statement shall also include technical information related to collection, transmission and storage of Personally Identifiable Information provided by us through the Services. If required by applicable data protection legislation or other law or regulation, you will inform third parties that you are providing their Personally Identifiable Information to us for processing and will ensure that any required third parties have given their consent to such disclosure and processing. You agree to comply with the descriptions and provisions of the Privacy Statement. “Personally Identifiable Information” means any information that can be associated with or traced to any individual, including an individual’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, social security number or other similar specific factual information, regardless of the media on which such information is stored (e.g., on paper or electronically).
13.3 Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for any delay, interruption or other failure to perform under the Agreement due to acts beyond the control of the responsible party, but only for so long as such conditions persist. Force majeure events include, but are not limited to: natural disasters (e.g. lightning, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods); wars, riots, terrorist activities, and civil commotions; a local exchange carrier’s activities, and other acts of third parties; explosions and fires; embargoes, strikes, and labor disputes; governmental decrees; failures of telecommunications providers or internet service providers; failures of third party suppliers, service providers or vendors; and any other cause beyond the reasonable control of a party.
13.5 E-mail and Notices. You further agree that we may provide any and all notices, statements and other communications to you through either e-mail, mail, express delivery service, or delivered by a recognized commercial carrier addressed to the address last designated on the Order Form. You are responsible for providing us with any updated contact information.
13.9 Export. Both parties agree to comply with applicable US export and import laws and regulations. You shall not permit your users to access or use the Services in violation of any U.S. export embargo, prohibition or restriction.
13.10 Publicity. We may not name you as a user of the Services without your written consent.
13.11 Links to Third Party Sites. The Services or our website may include links to third party sites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site or the Services provided via a Linked Site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site or any associated services provided by the site.