We’ve been working hard the last few months on a big product update to Homebase that gives property managers even more control of the devices in their building, while improving resident user experience and making it cheaper to manage connected communities overall.
We’re super excited about the result. Check it out!
Connected Property Manager – New Features
- You can now create and manage multiple buildings on your own from the portfolio dashboard. We’re still here to help, but now from the portfolio manager you can build and manage all your buildings from one account.
- Managing a building is easier together. Add, remove and manage your administration team on a portfolio or per building basis.
- We get it, you’re portfolio is constantly changing. Now you can upgrade, downgrade and find details about your Homebase plan.
Dwolla Bank Payments
- It’s 2017, it’s crazy that accepting payments online can still be so costly. Paying outrageous fee’s is a thing of the past with Homebase. That’s why we’ve partnered with Dwolla to provide FREE ACH bank transfers for rent payments. This means no more hidden fees for you OR your residents. *Residents who choose to pay with a credit card will still be charged a credit card processing fee.
- To get started with free payments you’ll need to complete the Dwolla setup in app. Head on to the portfolio page and fill in the information that is required, we’ll email you when your account is ready.
Enhanced Smart Lock Integration
- We’ve added more control and automation for property managers who are using Kwikset Kevo locks.
- You can now authorize and assign or remove a lock from a unit right from the building portfolio dashboard.
- Managing who has access to all the different keys you have in a building is a thing of the past. Securely invite your other property management team members to manage eKeys for Admins, Residents, and Guests all from the Homebase property manager.
- Security and transparency is in our DNA. Enhanced logs give you real-time information about who has issued keys, who on your team has entered a unit and who currently has access to what ares in your building.
Resident Reminder Message via SMS
- There’s a lot going on during move-in and sometimes Residents aren’t quick to download the Homebase app so they can start communicating with you. We’ve added the ability for property managers to text a reminder message their residents if they haven’t signed into the application after being added to the platform.
- Head to the “Broadcast Message” feature from the Building Dashboard and select “App Download Reminder.” This will send an SMS message as a reminder for your resident to download and sign into the resident application.
- We’ve also added an indicator to the Unit Dashboard for residents that haven’t signed into Homebase yet. If they haven’t signed in, you will see a red exclamation next to their name.
Resident Apps – New Features
Dwolla Bank Payments
- No more paying extra fees just to pay your rent. Now connect your bank account and send your rent payment in for free via ACH!
- We’ve integrated with a payment partner Dwolla. When you sign in to your app, a new account will be created for you automatically, all you have to do is add your bank account, and use it to pay for rent.
- **Fee’s still apply to credit card/debit card payments for rent payments.
- Security is extremely important to us here at Homebase! We’ve moved to passwords in place of PINs when signing in. Update your application from the App Store or Google Play Store. When you sign in next time, it will prompt you to set a password.
Smart Lock Lock
- We’ve updated our integration with more features for the Kwikset Kevo smart lock.
- Now if you’d like your friends or family to be able to get into your apartment all you have to do is send a chat in the front desk channel requesting an eKey from your property manager. Simply provide them with an email address to send the eKey and for when and your property manager can digitally send access to your friends.
As always, we’ve upgraded security features and bug fixes with this latest release… We’d love to hear your feedback? How can we help make your community smarter?
– The Team at Homebase
Homebase brings the smart apartment experience to new build and retrofit multifamily with trusted technology that delivers intuitive building access control with smart locks, automation of property management, new revenue with property-wide WiFi, and IoT technology amenities residents enjoy. All completely installed and managed for the multifamily innovation leaders of this decade.