Summary: As the Market Development Specialist you are responsible for being the first point of contact for our future customers. The primary focus will be connecting with prospects and generating meetings for the Account Executives. Secondary responsibilities will include prospecting leads and participating in marketing campaigns.
Success will be defined by: lead generation, meetings set, understanding of the Homebase tech stack, ongoing and measurable goal tracking, and the development and ongoing maintenance of the lead pool.
Position Mission: This role will include managing your prospecting strategy, engaging prospective customers, and providing first-hand feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts based on experiences with prospects and assisting with the growth of our sales pipeline through lead generation and inside sales activities.
- Achieve key performance metrics including: daily/weekly/monthly calls and email touches, number of demos per month, number of meetings completed per month, number of new customers per month, amount of revenue, and gross profit as the result of a closed deal or “attach rate”.
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Possess comfort and proficiency in the Homebase value proposition aka the “Homebase 101” or “Elevator Pitch”. One should be able to articulate the current state of the marketplace, history and background of Homebase, and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Homebase solutions: Wifi, Access Control, Thermostats, Community Manager platform.
- Prospecting and Qualifying: During the cold calling process, an MDS is expected to set a meeting with key decision makers; in the ideal space: Owner/Operator, CEO, CFO, COO, Property Manager, Developer. The details of the meeting are to be well documented in Salesforce in accordance with Commission Policy.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing >40 calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- 2 + years of experience in sales development, or telemarketing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong cold calling skills – you cannot shy away from picking up the phone
- Creative and assertive with a proactive mentality and can work well in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Motivated by goal attainment and performance measurement
- A basic understanding of the sales function and an interest in a sales career
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude
- Compensation based on experience and merit.
- This is a salary + commission role.
|Job Category||Growth & Development|